Thursday, April 3, 2008

Something Sweet

Wow, so now that the bakery is closed until further notice, I have no steady source for my daily sugar fix. I grabbed a couple of our gi-normous, soft-baked cookies and a gallon-bag full of cranberry orange scones, but of course all of that is gone now.

I also left with a few other delicacies my budget rarely allows--2 red bell peppers, a pound of green grapes, and tender baby spring mix--I figure why let it go to waste if there's going to be no one around to serve lunch anymore? The result of my vegetable greed (however appropriate it may or may not have been on the day we went out of business) is this fine salad, delicious to begin with, but made more so by it's free-ness :)





The question that remains, though, is what should I bake to fill the hole in my heart left by the buttery cinnamon rolls, the biting lemon squares, and the softest dulce-de-leche cookies you can imagine? I'm thinking it ought to involve chocolate (of course), maybe a chocolate scone, or something with mixed berries? Or both! I never buy sweets at the store, which is inconvenient for the impromptu sugar-craving, but it serves the valuable purpose of igniting my bake-shop creativity---what sweet creation shall I devise next? Stay tuned to find out which direction my super-sized sweet tooth leads me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna know how to make scones!!!!!!!!!!!