Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lovely Pictures around the Kitchen

Lo and behold, my paper towel sprouting idea has worked! I've been keeping my little seed-babies moist, and this morning when I looked, I had at least 10 or 15 sleepy little green tongues peeking out from several different seeded rows. (I apologize for the quality of my pictures--I really need to get photoshop!)





The pink ones are my rainbow chard!





Hooray! Saturday I'm gonna have to stick my spatula up under hubby's behind and get the ground prepped and ready, cuz some of these little sproutlings are ready to go in the ground. I cant wait, I cant wait, I cant wait!

The rest of this post is devoted to some (rather nice, I think) random photos taken this week that in one way or another apply to this blog, but that I haven't had the chance to make up a blog specifically for them yet.

Some days, it just makes me smile to go and open my refrigerator. More refreshing than a cup of coffee, for sure.





My cat is a total spaz who likes to squeeze herself into the smallest (and most irritating) spaces she can find. Among her favorites are the bathroom sink, the fruit basket (whether there's fruit in it or not), and on top of any pile of clean towels, no matter how well put away they are.





This is a birthday gift for a friend of mine who I worked with at the bakery. It's always nice to have a few friends who share your passion for cooking, so to show my appreciation for her, I made her this bouquet of spatulas and cooking utensils.





And for the grand finale, I'll show you my trusty steed. Six miles a day with this baby if I can; we've been tight since middle school.





Check back next week for Beet Burgers, Beer Bread, Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Icing, and more tasty pics of my budding kitchen-garden.

No comments: