Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ok, so I caved.....

Today is the second day of my fast--I could hardly believe I made it all the way through yesterday without having a bite! I cheated a little bit today by sleeping late (I figure the fewer waking hours I have to endure, the easier it will be for me not to eat!)

Yesterday I felt mostly normal, and the hunger pangs I did experience were easily drowned out with water and reading (The Gunslinger series by Stephen King; its an amazing story that thankfully has nothing to do with food!) Today though, I seem to be a little bit light-headed, and the hunger is a little stronger. Which is not bad if I plan on hanging around the house again, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards for today.

So to energize myself just a little without breaking my fast, I decided to blend up a nice refreshing fruit & veggie juice. I knew I bought that juicer for something...

Orange and Veggie Juice
makes about 2 cups of juice

4 oranges
3 stalks of celery
1 carrot
1 apple
1/2-inch piece of ginger

Peel the oranges, and chop everything into chunks that will fit into the juicer. I discarded the apple seeds, because they are mildly toxic (cyanide, yikes!), but I'm not sure if it does anything in such a small quantity. Stick it all in the juicer and enjoy (and make sure to drink the froth on top, it's the very best part!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheater!@